A famous Unc0ver jailbreak has been improved significantly. It not only now has more than 5 available exploits for different devices but also a settings page for many options to be enabled during jailbreak. The latest version of the unc0ver v3.0.0 pre-release is now beta version 38, and it’s automatically updates itself on the website that’s gonna be featured in this tutorial. A new beta of this jailbreak claims it can jailbreak all of the following devices:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPad Air
- 6th gen iPad
Keep in mind that A12 devices aren’t supported at the moment, but they will be in the nearest future.
Before you jailbreak your Device
- Make sure you don’t have an iOS 12 OTA file is downloaded on your iPhone or iPad. It can be deleted in the following path: Settings -> Storage and then proceed to reboot your device before attempting to jailbreak it.
- Some Cydia Repositories may not work.
- Download tvOS 12 profile in order to automatically decline any future updates, so you won’t loose your jailbreak.
- Always make a backup of your device before this whole procedure.
How to Jailbreak and Install Cydia
Visit the page in your Safari Browser: apps4iphone.net
- Click on “Download App”
- Click on “Install on your device”
- Launch the App from your HomeScreen
- Scroll the first page down until you see “Jailbreak Essentials”
- Open “Jailbreak Essentials”
- Select “Unc0ver” jailbreak from the list of Apps
- Select the “Install” option from the popup
Go to Settings-> General -> Device Management. Tap the developer name and trust the certificate. This will now allow you to launch unc0ver jailbreak app on your iPhone.
- Launch app from home screen
- Click “Jailbreak”
- After restarting your device, go into the app again and click jailbreak again, repeat a few times until you see Cydia on your Home screen.
Check out the full video – guide below for instructions.